Share Your Spark: Register, Nominate Awardees, and Propose Sessions
June 6, 2022, Hyannis, MA – Philanthropy Partners of the Cape & Islands are thrilled to announce this year’s Philanthropy Day will be in-person on November 9th with a theme of Reunite to Ignite: Bringing the Cape Back Together to Share our Spark! Save the date for November 9 and register now for the 25th Philanthropy Day of Cape Cod at the Resort and Conference Center in Hyannis.
Each year, this prestigious high-profile conference attracts more than 500 attendees from across the region. This year again promises to inspire with two keynote speakers, Kristy Senatori, Executive Director of the Cape Cod Commission and Kristin O’Malley, President and CEO of the Cape Cod Foundation. The speakers will share their insights regarding the unique challenges and opportunities for nonprofits in our region.
There are three ways to get involved:
- Register to attend, November 9th, 8:30-4:00PM, lunch included. PPCI member rate is $50, non-member $75. Sessions include nonprofit fundamentals and advanced topics.
- Nominate awardees for a distinguished service to philanthropy award in one of four categories: philanthropist, business, volunteer or youth
- Share your knowledge: propose to present an education session on any topic related to nonprofit excellence from annual fund, to major giving, from donor databases to mergers and partnerships.
Details and forms for registration, award nominations, and session proposals can be found at capecodphilanthropy.org.
“We look forward to gathering in person again, to celebrate many of the successes nonprofits have achieved at our annual awards program,” said Chris Ellis, Board President, Philanthropy Partners of the Cape & Islands. “We can learn from each other at education sessions designed to provide insight for seasoned or new non-profit employees, as well as board members, volunteers and supporters.”
Distinguished Service to Philanthropy Awards
In 2019, the last time the event was held in-person and awardees were selected, recipients included:
- Outstanding Philanthropist Award: Trish and Tom Kennedy
- Outstanding Business Award: RPM Carpets & Floor Coverings
- Outstanding Volunteer Award: Mary LeClair
- Outstanding Youth Award: The Wareham High School Key Club
Nomination deadline is Tuesday, Aug. 30 and can be submitted online at capecodphilanthropy.org.
The Philanthropy Day education committee is accepting proposals from nonprofit professional to present on the following topics by Thursday, June 30.
- Annual Fund: Middle Donors
- Board of Directors: Aligning Finances & Fundraising Budget
- Capacity Building
- Communications and Marketing
- Corporate Sponsorship
- Data: Donor Database Systems & Management; How to Use Data Effectively to Support Fundraising Initiatives
- Grants and Foundations
- Organizational Relevance: Mergers and Partnerships
- Major Gifts: Donor Cultivation Techniques
- Special Events
Details and forms for registration, award nominations, and session proposals can be found at capecodphilanthropy.org. PPCI is grateful to our premier sponsor Cape Cod 5 for its support of our programs year-round including Philanthropy Day. Our sponsors make this event possible and receive great visibility in front of 500 dedicated nonprofit professionals, volunteers, business leaders and philanthropists. If you’d like to become a sponsor, contact [email protected].
About Philanthropy Partners of the Cape and Islands
The Philanthropy Partners of the Cape and Islands (PPCI) supports the philanthropic community through education, networking, and celebrating the impact of charitable giving.Governed and operated by an-all-volunteer, community-based board of directors,Philanthropy Partners of the Cape and Islandsis a local chapter of the National Association of Charitable Gift Planners. PPCI annually presents Philanthropy Day on Cape Cod, slated for November 9, 2022. Learn more at www.capecodgiving.org
# # #
Thank you Sponsors! Brought to you in part by Cape Cod 5, Kelley Foundation, Inc., and the Cape Cod Healthcare Foundation.