Request for Presenters
26th Annual Philanthropy Day on Cape Cod
Wednesday, November 15, 2023
Hyport Conference Center at the Emerald Resort
(formerly known as Resort and Conference Center), Hyannis, MA
Philanthropy Partners of the Cape and Islands is the organizing host of Philanthropy Day on Cape Cod. The purpose of Philanthropy Partners of the Cape and Islands is to encourage charitable giving, promote cooperation, and foster a better understanding among professional charitable giving planners, and also to further the education of its members, the professional community, and the general field of charitable giving.
The goal of Philanthropy Day is to share current best practices in fundraising and celebrate charitable giving in the spirit of philanthropy on Cape Cod and the Islands.
Request for Presenters (DEADLINE: May 15, 2023)
Presenter proposals are now being accepted for the 26th Annual Philanthropy Day on Cape Cod, on Wednesday, November 15, 2023. This prestigious, high-profile conference showcases the regional thought leaders and is the only annual fundraising professional conference for fundraisers, executive directors, board members, and volunteers in the area and attracts more than 500 professionals. Our education program this year consists of a morning keynote speaker followed by three tracks of three programs each for workshops, sessions and roundtables. The education program hosts approximately 300 attendees and (9) one-hour sessions, workshops, and roundtables, with approximately 30-50 attendees per session.
Philanthropy Day is for professionals in non-profit organizations (the majority are small shops) on Cape Cod and the Islands, their volunteers, board members, as well as professional advisors such as attorneys, estate planners, financial advisors, accountants and others.
Presenter considerations are based on the ability to provide session(s) from the following topic headings and relate to fundraising:
- Planning to Succeed Make a Fundraising Plan – Workshop: with takeaway results
- Donor Management – Workshop: with takeaway results
- Strategic Plans that Work – Workshop: with takeaway results
- Power of Collaborating – Session: collaboration and resources sharing
- Tech in Fundraising – AI, ChatGPT, texting, online management, events etc.
- Government and Nonprofit Partnerships – Session
- Cape Cod Nonprofit (issues, staffing, education, pay) RoundTable
- Meet the Funders: Roundtable
The Philanthropy Partners of the Cape and Islands uses several promotional vehicles to publicize the conference and provide visibility to featured presenters to Cape Cod and the Islands non-profits and vendors. Promotions include preconference direct mail piece, web site spotlight, social media, sponsored print ads, conference app, and a printed conference piece.
The conference committee will give preference to proposals that:
- Include specific learning goals
- Present an opportunity for discussion on small non-profits related to your topic.
- Include a case study of best practices or current trends on your topic.
- Present tactical applications, scalable situations and transferable across all sectors.
- Provide a hands-on, interactive presentation
- Demonstrated success in working in regions that reflect Cape Cod’s philanthropic challenges: hyper-seasonality, older demographic, and competition for philanthropic dollars
- Address diversity and inclusion
Presenter submissions must include the following:
- Session topic and title
- A description of your session including 3-4 clear learning objectives. What specific learning goals will this session deliver to attendees? Learning objectives provide a clear picture of the specific skills or content mastery that will be achieved as a result of the presentation. Learning objectives must contain verbs that describe observable, measurable, and/or actionable goals.
- The intended audience (i.e. new professional, mid-career, executive, board or committee member, volunteer).
- Please list the last two most recent presentations made, to what audience, and the approximate number of people in attendance.
- Names of panelists in your session and their contact information (as outlined below).
- Contact information (for all presenters/panelists) including: first and last name, professional title, email, website, cell phone. If the presenter is not the main contact, please also include their contact name, email, phone number
- Preference for am or pm session
- If you plan to attend the luncheon
All session rooms will be set theater style and will have:
- standing lectern and microphone;
- six-foot table in front of room for presenter/panel use;
- table microphones if applicable
- overhead computer display hook-up
You must bring your own laptop computer.
Philanthropy Partners of the Cape and Islands is not able to offer compensation to our presenters. The conference registration fee will be waived for presenters who wish to participate in the remainder of Philanthropy Day beyond their own presentation sessions. Travel, hotel, and other expenses are the responsibility of the presenter.
For accurate and timely conference program content and publication, presenters are required to abide by the submission requirements above. Incomplete proposal submissions will not be accepted. Submission of handouts and all materials (electronic version in Microsoft PowerPoint, Microsoft Word, or Adobe Acrobat) is the responsibility of the presenter. All handouts and PowerPoint presentations will be posted on the Philanthropy Partners of the Cape and Islands web site and the Philanthropy Day app for attendees to download after the conference.
Please note that overt marketing of services, materials, or products by presenters is not permitted during presentations.
Please note that there are a limited number of session slots. Proposals may not be accepted after May 15, 2023. All proposals will be reviewed and scored by the Education Committee. Not all submitted presentations will be chosen. However, Philanthropy Partners of the Cape and Islands will keep your proposals on file for future considerations.
Thank you for taking the time to submit your completed proposal to: [email protected]
~ Cyndy Cotton and Margot Cahoon
Co-Chairs of Philanthropy Day on Cape Cod